Come, enjoy Jamaica with us
The island of Jamaica holds many beautiful treasure, here are a few highlights to help you enjoy Jamaica.
- Hiking and camping in the Blue Mountain or the Long Mountain area. The parishes of St. Andrew, St. Thomas and Portland usually see much hiking due to the mountainous terrain and natural beauty found in these areas. These terrains are also enjoyed by cyclists, bikers and nature lovers wanting to enjoy Jamaica in a very natural and relaxed scene. The atmosphere in parts of these parishes are cold hence making them very good for the farming of coffee.
- Surfing- yes I said it. Jamaica has a few surfing breaks that you can enjoy on your next visit. Due to that the fact that many are unaware of our surfing history, not many visitors get a chance to indulge. The Eastern as well as the Southern part of the island is great for surfing.
- Beach and Rivers: Jamaica has numerous beaches and rivers to enjoy snorkeling, swimming, sailing, surfing, diving, rafting to name a few. Hanging out at the beach just reading a book, sunbathing, listening to music is also a choice.
Enjoy Jamaica through our Food:
- Ackee and Saltfish (our national dish) with fried dumplings and fried plantains can be enjoyed at most restaurant, fast food shops and cafeteria around the island usually at breakfast time. Saltfish or banana fritters (stamp and go).
- Curried goat and stew peas (can be done with or without pork) both served with white rice.
- Jerk chicken and festivals.
- Patties are a delight to try. Patties can be enjoyed in Beef, Chicken (curry), Jerk Chicken, Curried Goat, Fish, Cheese (beef along with cheese) and soy to name a few.
- Red peas soup.
The Jamaican pastry table includes: Sweet Potato pudding, Cornmeal pudding, Coconut Drops, Peanut cake, Coconut Rolls and Devon House I-scream. It would definitely be unforgiving to come and not enjoy Jamaica’s flavour through some of the native dishes. The explosion of flavours and creativity that are found within these dishes will be second to none.
Enjoy Jamaica’s night life:
There is never a shortage of social events and parties here in Jamaica. While there are social events every night weekends are usually the busiest as the weekend is seen as a time of relaxation. Sports bars and lounges offers great food and entertainment and can be a fun spot for a good girls/boys night out. . There are adults only entertainments as well as family oriented entertainment.
There are a mirage of ways to enjoy Jamaica and it’s culture when visiting.
Share with us any activity that gave you the true Jamaican experience and if you have never been to Jamaica, come and enjoy Jamaica.